Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

I know this post is a little late, but I had my mom and younger brother with me here in AZ all week. We had such a great time! And I was thankful for them spending Thanksgiving with me. =)

While they were here we took a mini trip up to Sedona/Flagstaff/The Grand Canyon. Where you best believe it was COLD!

Sedona wasn't so cold. It was, however, gorgeous.




This one isn't anything special, but I thought it was neat! Pointy cactus!

It was snowing up at the Grand Canyon...





So cold! I think it was around 20 degrees!

Now we're going to play spot the hand knits...








Photo 1 is my mom, my little brother (Aka Beaker), and me. I am wearing my Icing Swirl Beret, my mom is wearing Emerald, and the very first second hat that I made (which I ended up giving to her because it looks so cute on her), and my brother is wearing the handspun hat that I made for my BF. Now, this had was made specifically for him. I bought a subtle stripes kit from CosyMakes and he picked out the order of the stripey yarn and everything. I would complain about him not wearing it in Ohio, but I didn't think much of it. Come to find out (!) he said the hat was too small for him! It made me so mad... lol. So, now it's mine, I suppose.

Photo 2 is BF and I. In this picture you can see my Snapdragon Mittens (made with Alpaca... I was the only one with warm hands!). BF is wearing his Christmas present from 2 years ago. I see that I never blogged about the finished hat so I just have this Rav Link with a picture of the unfinished hat. I really have to say that this yarn (merino/alpaca- Plymouth Suri Merino) has held up really, really well. BF wore this had a lot (he likes that the top is pointy- I wanted to make the length shorter so it wouldn't do that and he wouldn't let me). It's also super soft and quite warm. I would definitely reccommend this yarn to anyone for hats, mittens, cowls, or scarves. Love it!

The last pic is just a cute one of the BF. Oh, you can see the crocheted fingerless mitts that I got from a friend for Christmas last year. Yes, hand knits really do come in handy! (ha)

So I am sitting here, drinking my coffee (spiked with cinnamon) and eating leftover pecan pie for breakfast (NOM!) being thankful for great friends and family.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving (or Thursday, for any non-americans).

3 comments:

knottygnome said...

beautiful pics! looks like you had a good time. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. :)

Ria said...

Great pics! The Grand Canyon is so pretty in the snow. ANd yes, handknits are super handy in the cold! definitely can't beat the warmth of Alpaca.

Related Posts with Thumbnails