Sunday, June 13, 2010

Food Blogger? (A Recipe for peanut butter pancakes)

No, not quite. But I have been cooking a hell of a lot more than I've been doing anything fiber related. The last thing I knit was that snail, and I haven't really touched the needles since. I just haven't felt like it. I guess I shouldn't really feel bad. It is my hobby after all. It's not like anyone else is counting on me to do it.

In addition to cooking I've been reading a heck of a lot. This week I finished Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips and I reread Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer. I'm working on rereading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's a really amazing book, but so very sad at the end. The first time I read it (the summer before the movie came out - I'd never even heard of it before a friend let me borrow it) I remember thinking it would be a good reread because you'd probably pick up on a lot more during the second read than the first. It's a bit of a confusing book due to the time travel. It's a little odd to think about. I prefer to think of all time existing at once which is why the conundrums in the book are possible, but it's still a bit mind boggling.

Okay, so now for the real reason for this post. Peanut butter pancakes. I whipped these up this morning. I put bananas in a few and none in the others. I didn't actually like the slices of banana in the pancakes, but I think sliced bananas would make an excellent topping. They were a huge hit both ways with the boyfriend, who is a peanut butter addict. =)

Photobucket

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour (you can use all purpose flour if you don't have it, or 1/2 all purpose, 1/2 whole wheat)
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
3/4 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
1 c. milk
1/4 c. peanut butter (I used freshly ground peanut butter, there's a station for that at my local grocery)
1/2 tsp vanilla


Directions:
In a small bowl whisk together the egg, sour cream, milk, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla until combined.

In a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter will be thick, but if it's too thick you can add a bit of milk.

Preheat a skillet to medium heat. Spray the skillet w/ spray oil or melt a bit of butter into the bottom. I would use maybe 1/2 c. batter per pancake. The pancakes are very filling so you'll eat a little less than you'd think.

Cook on the 1st side until you see bubbles and then flip and cook the other side for another couple of minutes.

Serve with pure maple syrup and sliced bananas. You could also garnish them with some whipped cream and cinnamon if you wanted to be really decadent!

Serves approx 4 people.

1 comment:

~ Chef Louise said...

Hey Abby, it's Louise from "Satisfied"- so glad you liked those meatballs. If you make a double batch they taste even better later. I love getting feedback,it's super encouraging you know... Like your not writing to yourself ... until next time-Louise

Related Posts with Thumbnails