Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slow Cooker Chili

So this is 'finals' week, although I didn't have any finals. I just have a 7-8 page paper due tomorrow. I've writting 5 pages and the rest should come easy, I just keep putting it off. No good reason, really. I just don't feel like writing it.

On the knitting front, I finished Bubby, he just needs eyes and a nose. I wasn't overly fond of the pattern, but more on that when I post my FO. I've also made good progress on the Jacques-Cousteau hat, although it's a little long and I'm going to have to rip back a few rows. I started this bunny project for my other cousin, instead of another Bubby (again I wasn't crazy about the pattern).

I've also managed to secure a job at my LYS, working a few hours a week. =)

Okay, Chili.


Easy Slow Cooker Chili

Ingredients:
One large can of crushed tomatoes (24 oz, I think, I can't remember)
14.5 oz can of diced chili style tomatoes and the juice
1 can of black beans, drained
1/2 lb of lean ground meat (optional)
1/2 of a large onion, chopped
1/2 of a bell pepper, chopped
1 tbsp of chili powder
1 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of paprika
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Brown the meat in a pan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and extra spices, if desired while browning.

Saute the pepper and onion for a few mintues until softened.

Dump everything in the crock pot and cook on low for a minimum of 4 hours. The longer, the better.

I serve it with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chopped raw onion. I also make corn bread (I just use Jiffy, it's easy and good, especially with a little honey added).

This recipe will feed about 4 people, unless you're really hungry and then it will probably only feed 2 (The BF ate half of this last night... he was very hungry! I still only ate about 1/4 of it).

Enjoy =)



P.S. The new Knitty is up!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Ok I'm going to go buy the ingredients for this on my way home from work tomorrow....YUM!

Emily said...

Ooohhh that sounds good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails