Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Reading reading reading reading....

I know I've been rather silent but it's mostly because I haven't done a whole lot of knitting lately. It's quite hot as I'm sure you can imagine so I've been hiding inside and reading. Reading reading reading. In the past 2.5 weeks I've read 5 books, mostly the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop. These are not short books, they're around 500 pages each. So like I said I've just been hibernating and reading. Also, these books are addicting. It's like I can't stop reading them. I keep thinking "Okay I'll stop at the next break" "Okay I'll stop at the next chapter" but it just keeps going. Addicting! Like reading crack or something. Anyway, feast your eyes on my reading prowess (haha)...

Daughter of the Blood (Black Jewels, Book 1)Heir to the Shadows (Black Jewels, Book 2)Queen of the Darkness (Black Jewels, Book 3)The Invisible Ring (Black Jewels, Book 4)Sebastian (Ephemera, Book 1)

Despite how it may look, none of them are trashy romance-y novels. They're all really good, although Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, and The Queen of Darkness have some very dark aspects in them, they're not really for the faint of heart.

Sebastian is the first book of the Ephemera series and I read it right after Daughter of the Blood. Actually I didn't even realize at first that it was by the same author because they'd both been in my Amazon wish list so long. It's funny how you can see an author write almost the same main characters in different series. It's good as well and I have the second one, Belladonna sitting at home for me. But for now I think I need to read something different, so I'm working on Santa Olivia by Jaqueline Carey, one of my favorite authors. I also purchased Naamah's Kiss finally, now that it's out on paperback. That will be a good read, although I'm not sure how long it will take since it's around 900 pages. (Much like the debut of the Kushiel Series, Kushiel's Dart)

I have been knitting a bit and if I get around to photographing I'll be posting it here, but we'll see.

TTFN. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had to tell you - I took your advice and read Daughter of the Blood and I'm hooked. I finished it on the train this morning and I feel exhausted (in a good way) from all the action at the end! So what did I do at lunch? I got on my Kindle and bought the next one, of course! :) Thanks for the great recommendation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails