Thursday, January 14, 2010

One Week Mittens

It's been really cold here in Ohio and it's been snowing more or less for 2 weeks. Luckily we didn't get anymore snow yesterday or today and the sun has been out to melt it off the roads and parking lots. Anyhow, the point is that all of this cold weather calls for cold weather gear! Like new boots!

On Sunday my mom and I went to Cincinnati to the Ikea store to buy my brother a bed frame. We stayed for 3 hours and we bought a lot of other things. I love that store! When I move out we're furnishing our apartment with Ikea furniture! Another point of the trip was that I was still wearing flats with no socks around and I needed some boots. Some translated into 6 pairs, 5 dress and 1 warm pair. This boot is from Columbia and it was majorly on sale! Yes!

Photobucket

I also needed a pair of mittens! I've been wearing my Under the Tree Mitts, and they worked find until it started getting really cold and now I definitely need some mitts with tops! That's where the Snapdragon Flip Tops come in. After aforementioned snafus, I cranked these guys out in only 1 week and they are currently ready to go. Well, after I dunk 'em in some wash that is.

Photobucket

Specs:
Yarn: Buckeye Alpaca worsted, Natural from "Kalynda"
Needles: Size 6
Pattern: Snapdragon Flip Tops [Ravel it!] by Ysolda Teagues
Mods: I added an extra round of increases because I have big man hands
Thoughts: LOVE!!



Also I mentioned that I was going to order the Madeline Tosh yarn that the original mittens were made of. IT CAME TODAY! OMGOMGOMGOMG!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love it. =) It's not quite as orange as I had hoped, but I still love it. I also ordered some of the Malabrigo Twist in "Azul Profundo", their Aran/Worsted weight plied yarn. I have plans for this. Very specific plans. We'll see if they work out.

*ETA: The Madeline Tosh photographs oranger than it is, it's really more of a yellowy golden color irl, still quite lovely and squishy, though.


Photobucket


And last but not least, I started a sweater from the Briar Rose yarn that I got at Rhinebeck. Hopefully this is a quick knit as well. I have so many things that I want to make... if only I could grow another set of arms!

Photobucket


I almost forgot! The Madeline Tosh/Mal came with a scratch off ticked from Eat.Sleep.Knit. (Where I ordered it, the only place that had the Madeline Tosh in "Gilded"!) and I WON A $50 CREDIT! WOO! I never win stuff like that so I am very, very excited about it. =)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

The yarn in that last picture is to-die-for!

Amy said...

Cute boots! I love the mittens too. And the yarn is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see the Malabrigo twist knit up. I love the colors of all the yarn pictured here. Maybe sometime soon we'll have to get together...I want to learn colorwork. The mittens I want to make require this technique and I haven't a clue.

I miss chattin' with ya!

Candice said...

Hey! It was such a nice surprise to not only get to see you at the game today, but get to sit near you, too!!! We need to get together sometime and go knit or get food or something :)

Mark said...

I can't wait to see the Malabrigo twist knit up. I love the colors of all the yarn pictured here. Maybe sometime soon we'll have to get together...
http://collectairdrops.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails