Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's November!

Can it really be November already? It's amazing how time can fly. Working full time and living for the weekends makes the work week seem long, but then all of a sudden another month has escaped. Where did it go? Did I do anything worthwhile? That's something we've been pondering over here in AZ. Did I do anything worthwhile? My life here is amazingly ordinary. It has been for a while and I don't much mind it, but it drives the BF crazy to go to work, come home, eat dinner, piddle around for a couple of hours, and do it all over again. He's in search of something, but he doesn't know what it is. It's mildly frustrating for me because I don't know what he wants (as he doesn't, either) so it's hard to help him feel anything but restless.

Mainly our remedies have been trying to do different things. Today we're going to South Mountain. You can drive straight up to the top and there's a great view of the city. The weather is starting to be mild, but the highs have still been in the mid 80s, Friday the high was 90*. Current temp, at 11:08am is 79*. It's odd. Yesterday I went swimming, and in Ohio it was snowing.

I'm not sure if I'm kosher with the lack of seasons here. It's something I've always said I wouldn't really like and it turns out that I'm pretty much right. While I enjoy that I am currently ( on November 7th) sitting here in pajama pants and a tank top with all of my windows open I still miss the fall. I miss the cool, crisp air. I miss the leaves changing, making driving from country to city beautiful with their reds, yellows, oranges, and browns.

I will also be missing the first snow. The way it blankets the ground and quiets even the city streets, making everything pristine (at least until the snow plow comes). I am certain, however, that I will not miss the first blizzard of the season, my car being covered with ice, or -15* mornings.

The BF made a trip over to Portland recently. He had a friend from Ohio that moved over there, and he had some extra vacation time so he spent 5 days there. He said it was beautiful. He got to visit Multnomah Falls. For which I am supremely jealous. Of course in my mind Multnomah is synonymous with the shawlette by Hello Knitty.



And it's GREEN! I also miss things being green. Oh, there are some green things out here (bushes, palm tress [LOVE the palm trees!]) but they aren't GREEN green.

He also saw Haystack Rock on the west coast. (I don't know that I've ever set foot in the Pacific before)



Beautiful, no? Also I was jealous of his trip to Portland because it's a knitterific city, home to the likes of PDXKnitterati's Michele and  Marnie Maclean, as well as knitting events like the Sock Summit. The BF said he was lots of people knitting in public in Oregon as well.

If you've been reading my blog for a while then you'll probably remember my considering Portland nearly 2 years ago (Oh my goodness, was it really 2 years ago??).

Portland's back in the mix. Why? Why not. AZ is pretty OK, but I'm not sure it's the place for me (Someone at work said they'd like to see Sarah Palin as president in 2012......). We'll see.

2 comments:

Ria said...

The Pacific Northwest is gorgeous! I'd like to go back out on vacation again someday. Those pictures are gorgeous!

Good luck figuring it out.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

You definitely have to come here, at least to visit if not to stay. Sock Summit is happening again in 2011. Come by and say howdy!

Multnomah Falls is just one of a large number of falls on the old Columbia River Highway. You'll want to see them all...

Related Posts with Thumbnails