Sunday, February 7, 2010

Waiting Game

It snowed about a foot on Friday. It didn't stop snowing until Saturday around noon. It almost hurts to look outside because everything is white. That in mind, it's the perfect weather for sitting and knitting. =) I finished my Shalom sweater yesterday. Now I'm just waiting for the buttons to arrive so I can attach them and wear it.

Photobucket

I decided the neck line is a bit too wide. When I tried it on it felt like it was going to slide off my shoulders a little. I'm going to see how it wears with buttons. If it's not much better I'm going to crochet around the neckline (like this) for some added stability.

Also on my last post I talked about working on a design idea for the Ravelympics. HOWEVER! My friend is getting married on the 26th and I need a shawl to wear. Does that seem like more of a challenge? Of course it does. I'm thinking I'm going to know the smallest size of the Aeolian Shawl in fingering weight yarn without the beads (Beads are annoying and time consuming.) I figure if I knit the smallest size it will give me a good chance of being done in time (I'll actually need to be finished on the 25th, not the 28th so it will be blocked and ready to go on Friday night) and the fingering weight (Probably on size 3 needles) will give me a decent sized shawl and not just a shawlette.

I have a black dress picked out with some blue accents, so I'm thinking I need some blue yarn! Of course nothing I have in the stash will fit my needs so unfortunately (HA!) I'll need to buy something to suit my purposes!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I love that cardi with long sleeves!

Shari said...

Very pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails