Sunday, July 12, 2009

Checking In

So I mentioned photo updates, didn't I? I've been a neglectful blogger as of late, posting sparsely. But at least I've had some interesting photos, right? Right? Right. Haha.

Anyway, as far as TdF goes, I've been spinning every day, but not posting pictures to show my progress as much as I should. I spun up a silk sample from Zebisis Designs that I just love. I got it in my Phat Fiber sample box in march. It's gawgus.

Photobucket

I chain plied it!! I was so excited to find out you can do that on a spindle! Go me! =D

I've also been wrestling WIPs, but not as much as I've been spinning. I got through most of the foot on my 2nd Leyburn sock yesterday.


Okay now that I've proven that I've been working on the competitions I want to share with you that I started an amigurumi project. It's actually really easy and I did most of it in one sitting, but it's not finished and I have no idea when it might be. It's a little snow dragon (Ravlink). So cute.


In other news, I was looking through some cardigan patterns since I have 2 sweaters worth of yarn (Cascade Ecological wool and Malabrigo). It was sparked by the fall Knit Simple that I was browsing at work. I liked several cardigans in it and since I'm on a yarn diet until Rhinebeck (Which is going well- I haven't bought any yarn, well, except for a swap but that doesn't count!) I was trying to decide if my yarn would work with it.

Then I was thinking aobut what I really wanted to make with the yarn as I've had several different ideas (If you've been reading for a while then you know that I am a fickle, fickle knitter). The Cascade was originally for the Windowpane Coat, but that was frogged. Then I knit a sleeve of the OWLS sweater (cardigan version for me!) and decided against that. For the Malabrigo I was thinking of maybe that Cabely sweater from Vogue, or something else heavily cabled and came up with Mariah unofficially but now I'm rethinking that again.

The cardigans I really liked in the Knit Simple are the 2nd and 3rd in the 9 to 5 category on the website (There's no Rav links for these yet...!!). I was like Hey, I could make the 3rd sweater out of the Cascade, or better yet the Mal! Or wait, the 2nd would look awesome in the Malabrigo. But Malabrigo pills.. Hmmm...

Anyhow after much searching I am still largely undecided, so I was hoping that you, my dear readers, would have a bit of input. Here are some of the sweaters that I've been contemplating. So for the input, lets make this interesting. How about a contest? I'm going to post my choices and I'd like your opinion on which ones I should go for and what yarn. You can give a thorough reason or just state your choices, whatever I'll be glad of the input. =)

Factors:
Malabrigo Worsted 8-10 skeins "Simply Taupe"


Cascade Ecological Wool 3 skeins (~1300 yds) "8087"



Sweaters/My Combos:

1) Shalom(Ravlink)/Ecowool- I'd put long sleeves on it



2) Oblique(Ravlink)/Ecowool



2) Urban Aran Cardigan(Ravlink)/Either



3)Brompton(Ravlink)/Ecowool



4)Mariah(Ravlink)/Malabrigo



5 & 6) The Knit Simple Sweaters(2nd and 3rd)/Either yarn:




Okay.. that's a lot of sweaters. And yes I know some of them will involve math because of the yarn differences, but I'm okay with that.

The prize! I don't know what it is yet. It's going to involve yummy yarn, though. That I'm sure of. =)

You have until Saturday July 18th to leave a comment and be entered!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many pretty choices... I think I like the idea of Shalom with long sleeves in the Ecowool. I've only seen the short-sleeved version but I think a long-sleeved one would be super cute. Also I like the Mariah in Malabrigo. Mostly because I think of Malabrigo as warm and snuggly, and I like to put on a cardigan to feel cozy when it's cold out.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Shalom. That's really cute. Go for it!

cosymakes said...

oblique!!

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I'm liking the Urban Aran in the Ecowool. If you're open to modifying a pattern, I've often thought Brompton would look nice two-tone. I'd change the stockinette to moss stich alternating colors every row to create a tweedy look, then do the basketweave bands/cuffs in one color. My choice for that would be the darker yarn.alaxinfi

Unknown said...

My first and immediate thought was the Oblique sweater would look great on you! And knit in the eco wool I think it would be nice. But I also really like the 3rd Knit Simple sweater! My vote is for the Oblique!

One Sheep said...

I like most of these sweaters a lot, but Mariah is the standout of the bunch for me. Nicer than a plain hoodie, but not overdone. It would like great in either yarn, but I prefer the darker color.

Kat said...

I agree with OneSheep, Mariah is my favorite. I'd make it a touch longer (for me). Crap, another project added to my queueueueue. Darn you! ;-)

ZaftigWendy said...

I vote for oblique, just because I think it's prettiest.

Heather said...

Oblique or Mariah!

Lista said...

I like the far left yarn, and the first sweater (with sleeves, as you said). I'd state the reasons for this, if I had any. :o)

Cyd said...

I love that one Oblique, I think I have to queueueue that one myself, heh. I think it would be lovely in either of the yarns, depending on which would go best with whatever you'd wear underneath, since it would show through.

Anonymous said...

I think I like Oblique the best.

The snow dragon is adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails