Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Twist Collective

Alright, so I said that I was going to do a FO post next, but I decided to wait. This is because last night I cast on a project for myself and I think I'll have it done tonight or tomorrow evening. For now it'll be a mystery. ;-)

So, instead, I want to share with you my favorites from the new Twist Collective. If you still haven't looked, I suggest you do because there are some really nice pieces.

So, firstly I'm a sucker for cable work. So I fell in love with Vivian by Ysolda Teague, who is fast becoming one of my favorite designers.




My Second favorite (also including amazing cable work) is Sylvi by Mari Muinonen. It's lovely. I don't know if I'd ever make it, but I just love the flowers and leaves incorporated into the cables.






Okay, third, Valia by Gudrun Johnston. I know, more cables. It's a beautiful sweater, and it's made of mmMalabrigo. I'm hesitant to make a sweater with Malabrigo because I think that it would pill a lot, especially around the under arm/chest area, but this sweater just might convince me to try. I even love the slightly belled sleeves.




I'm only going to actually show you one more. My fourth favorite is Jadis by Nathania Apple. I love the simplicity of this sweater. I'm just so drawn to it (I also happen to be a sucker for cream colored sweaters), not to mention that the model is just charming.









A couple worth mentioning are Rebecca by Fiona Ellis (I'm hoping this is the right link for this designer), Broderie by Connie Chang Chinchio, and Kingscot by Norah Gaughan.


Okay, so that's almost all of the sweaters in there, so you can tell this was a good collection! So go to Twist Collective and 'leaf' through it yourself!

2 comments:

sweetp said...

I am so totally in love with Sylvi. Head of heels. I think I'm going to do it in autumn - a few months away for me - hoping in that time a few ppl will do it and I can find out if its hard/any issues etc. Its gorgeous! I loved this issue, so many things I could really see myself knitting and wearing. Was a great one

Ysolda is great isn't she? Do you read her blog? I want to make that little mousie shes just finished

K said...

those are so yummy!

you have great taste!

Related Posts with Thumbnails