Monday, November 17, 2008

Canaries love yarn

So, first off, I had a great weekend. =)

About a month or so ago, Cosy of Cosy Makes, and Cosy Knits (Literally), posted on her blog that she was coming to Columbus for Tiny Canary, and wondered if any of her blog readers were from Columbus and if they were willing to let her crash for a night. So I looked up Tiny Canary and lo and behold, it was less than 10 minutes from my apartment. So after asking my boyfriend if it would be okay ("Hey, do you care if this person I don't know stays here for a weekend? It's cool, she's a knitter...") I commented saying that she was welcome to stay on my pull-out bed if she wanted. It also happened that it was the weekend of knitter's night out at my LYS so I invited her to come on Friday night instead of Saturday morning and come hang out with some Columbus knitters (also she wouldn't have to get up at 4 AM to make it to Columbus with enough time to set up at Tiny Canary).

So, right around 6 PM Cosy and Lauren arrived at my apartment and we pretty much immediately headed over to the LYS where we socialized for a few hours. Afterwards we were all pretty famished so we headed over to Noodles for some food stuffs.

When we got back to the apartment I had the pleasure of sorting through Cosy's hand dyed, hand spun yarn to choose a skein for myself. I chose a 4oz, 135 yd skein of 2 ply 100% falkland wool. Colorway "Swimmingly"

100_2522

100_2524



The astute among you will notice that her hand spun is sitting ontop of her book, Knit One Embelish, Too (Which you can buy signed at her etsy shop). She also kindly gifted me that and signed it with a personalized message. =)


Saturday inbetween researching and paper writing, I visited Cosy and Lauren at Tiny Canary and shipped off my Swap on a Budget package, which I am excited to share with you all once the recipient has recieved it. Saturday night I made hot and sour soup and sesame noodles for dinner. The noodles went over well (they're to be one of the BF's favorites). I also made the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread of the last post for dessert (Which was gone the day after it was made...). I also managed to finish the Binary Cable hat that I've been working on. I'm thinking I'm going to have a FO post in a bit so I won't post pictures or specs right now, but you can check it out on Ravelry if you want.

Sunday, more school work, and after Tiny Canary was over the four of us went over to Jeni's for some delicious ice cream (If you don't live in Columbus, and have never been, you should be jealous). My favorite was probably the Gravel Road, salty-caramel ice cream with smoked almonds. Yum. I also had the Buttercream Chocolate Freckle ice cream that tasted exactly like the straciatella gelato in Italy. After indulging in some ice cream it was time for Cosy and Lauren to hit the road and head home.

Having forgotten to previously take pictures, we stood infront of a Christmas window display to do such...


100_2534

100_2535

(Click to see full sized images, I made them small because my blog cuts the right side of larger pictures out)


Cosy and Lauren were tons of fun and both Mason and I enjoyed having them as guests. =)




This week I have 2 papers due, and this weekend I'm filming for a group project. After this week things should slow down a little, and by the 2nd week of December I'll be pretty much done! =)




One last thing, it's totally snowing/sleeting outside and it's actually sticking. Hello, winter!

3 comments:

Opal said...

that sounds like such a fun weekend! that handspun is gorgeous and that ice cream? oh that sounds divine. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, the ice cream description really got me too, and it's way to cold and too early for ice cream right now. sounds like a lot of fun!

Liz said...

Thanks for entering my blogiversary contest! Good luck :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails