Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hand spun

I saw a Wendy's message board that said "Hand Spun Shakes" and I thought "Wendy's makes yarn?" Haha. Oh, I am funny. =P

I've started to teach myself Intarsia so I can work on the Boyfriend's afghan whilst I am flying, it's going alright, just making scrap fabric right now that will more than likely be frogged or tossed.


And now, I signed up for Secret Pal 12 so here's the survey. =)


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like the wool acrylic blends, and the cotton acrylic blends. I don't like the weird 'fashon'yarns, you know the hairy looking ones and etc, although I saw yarn with beads already in it and I liked that. I haven't knit with more expensive yarns as I am a full time student (lots of bills, not lots of money), and I'm a new knitter so I haven't seen fit to splurge on yarn to make something that may or may not turn out properly.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A bag? I don't have a needle case or anything like that. They're in my knitting messenger bag and the big plastic bag that I keep yarn in also.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I taught myself to knit with Knitting for Dummies. I'd say I'm inbetween beginner and intermediate. I'm working on my first garment, although it doesn't involve any shaping or anything like that, so that's something I've not tackled.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I have a few items on my side bar that I might update now that I've signed up for this! (Note, for any books, used is fine! I'd prefer that there's little or no writing in it, but a little wear and tear is okay.)

5. What's your favorite scent?

I like clean scents, like linen and rain or breeze scents, but I also like florals such as magnolia, sweet pea, gardenia, etc.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

The biggest sweet tooth ever. =) I don't eat a lot of candy, but I love brownies and cookies (No bake, oatmeal rasin, chocolate chip, anything really. ;-) ). I do love twizzlers, though. =)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Um, not a lot, actually. I don't know how to spin. I've made photo collages, though I don't do that often. I do enjoy photography, I have a nice digital camera and a printer with photo printing capabilities.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I don't really listen to music in my free time, usually just the radio in the car and at work. The last CD I bought was Sarah Barielles, and before that Evanescence like a year ago.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I look good in warm colors like red, brown, and orange. I also look good in green, so I'd say those are my favorites. I'm not a big fan of yellow or any color that's super bright. (Blue and purple are good too!... basically just no yellow).

Oh, also I go to OSU so my school colors are Scarlet and Gray, if that's a route you'd like to pursue. =)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my boyfriend. I have a huge family, both of my parents are remarried and I have several step siblings. I don't have any pets, they're not allowed in my apartment.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves and hats yes, nothing with pom-poms or the like (flowers or other cute adornments would be alright. =) ). I don't wear ponchos, and I don't often wear mittens, although if they were hand knit I think I'd make an exception. =)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Um, well, I've only knit one hat and one scarf, I'm working on a purse a bolero and actually some shoes. So far I think my favorite is the Bolero? I don't know. I've not knit enough to have a favorite, although I think that scarves may get a little monotonous.

13. What are you knitting right now?

lol A bolero, a purse, shoes, and an unfinished scarlet and gray scarf.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I certainly do. =)

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I hate the sound the metal needles make when they rub together.. it makes my teeth hurt. I've not knit a lot with circular needles, although I do plan on getting on for my flight so I'm not poking my neighbors. I like bamboo and plastic, I think I lean towards bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

What's a swift? lol. Neither.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Er.. a month and a half or so?

18. What is your favorite holiday?

I love Christmas. =)

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Yes, acutally. They're glass (or the nice/expensive ones are made of crystal) that have the image inside. They're like... I want to call them prisms but they're not really. They're cubes or regtangular (cubes?), not the flat ones. But I usually only but them when I go somewhere, like to commemorate the trip.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Not at the moment, although I'm willing to research it. =) I do like Stitch 'n' Bitch. I don't have any magazine subscriptions. I'd really like some interchangeable needles, but they're too expensive at the moment. =(

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'm working on Intarsia and I'd like to learn fair isle. Other than that, I'm open to most things, as I am a new knitter and looking to expand my skills. =)

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I've never knit socks.. they kind of scare me lol. If I did I wouldn't knit it with a long ankle, most likely. I like shorter socks. I'll have to get back to you on the foot measurements, although my feet are wide.

23. When is your birthday?

March 27th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes! BeautyIsntPerfect




That's all for now, folks

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails