Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hump Day!

Oooh, it's hump day! And 3 days to Christmas! I am actually very excited even though I ill be far from home. I even am planning an extravagant menu for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. (Not Christmas dinner, though because we are going to a friend's house and we are all bringing appetizers/snacky things). We're having Steak au Poivre, Potatoes Gratin, and some kind of salad that I haven't decided on for Christmas Eve dinner, with some kind of appetizer to snack on while I cook. Christmas breakfast will be a parmesan frittata with roasted tomatoes and probably some kind of fruit salad.

In the mean time I wanted to share with you my sewing FO! I have a few knitting ones, but I need to draft the patterns before they will be ready to share!





The table runner I just kind of winged. I made it 1/3 the width of the table and made the ends pointed like that. The buttons were my mom's idea. She also wanted tassels but I didn't think that was a good idea so I didn't add them... if she really wants them she can do it herself (she knows more about sewing than I do anyway! lol).

I didn't get a very good shot of it, but I backed everything in a blue denim. This is supposed to be summery and I thought denim suited it very well! After making the table runner there was a ton of fabric left over so I made a coaster set based on the one I saw on Anna's blog (blog post here). I just kind of winged these too, going from memory of her blog post. I think everything turned out really well! It's definitely not perfect, but it's at least not embarrassing. ;-)

And a parting shot of our adorable little Christmas tree (it's fiber optic, not that you can see that in the daylight!):



Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

2 comments:

knottygnome said...

very cool! love the basket. have a great holiday. :-)

Ria said...

Great projects - I should really learn how to sew someday...

Your dinner and breakfast sounds really yummy!

Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails