Saturday, June 6, 2009

Peeektures!!

Why hello there.

I've been away for a while, but never fear I've been keeping up with my fiber arts. This is going to be a picture heavy post. I had a photo shoot out infront of my apartment a few minutes ago. I'm in my PJs (I've been out and about today.. buying new shoes, acutally but I changed back into my PJs... I have a paper to write. D=).

First, a skein of my finished handspun. This is a merino/silk batt from Mad Angel Creations.





It's more thick and thin than I'd like, but I still love it. It's soft and shiny and squooshy. =D


My new spinning project:


A merino/baby alpaca batt from Port Fiber. The colorway is "Sunset". Lovely. =)



So I wrote not too long ago about hating almost everything I was knitting.. so I started a couple of new projects! (And ripped out a couple of old...)

Another Ishbel (Ravlink)! This is my Colinette Jitterbug that I bought a couple of months ago. I don't know how I like the yarn yet. It's really sproingy and even though it's merino it's not as soft as it could be because of how tightly it's spun. I imagine that is why it's good sock yarn. However I just love the color (Salty Dog!) and I wanted to make something a bit more glamorous with it.

Another reason I started another Ishbel is because Ysolda is coming to Columbus! I'm so excited! She's going to be at Wonderknit on June 17th. Yay!


I started a Parker Cardigan (Ravlink) with the yarn I originally bought for Decimal.

I really like the texture!


Finally, Alhambra (Ravlink). I'm not certain that it's a good match for the Malabrigo lace, though (Color: Sealing Wax it's more orangey rather than pinky in person).


Ahh, it's the end of the quarter! I have a paper to write (I really need to start that.. it's due on Monday...) and a final on Monday, and then I'm flying out to North Carolina! My mom and fam already left for NC on Thursday but I had to stay due to school work, but I get to join them on Monday night! I'm so excited! I'm going to be knitting and reading on the beach for several days.

The perfect answer to a busy quarter.

TTFN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! I love the variety of colors and projects - it looks like fun knitting!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Nice projects! Is your new Ishbel going to be the large or small version?

One more row and then I bind off on mine!

sweetp said...

Great work on the spinning ad love the colour of your ishbel, I'm seriously thinking of making one of those

Related Posts with Thumbnails