Friday, November 21, 2008

FOs

Okay, so I said that I'd have the 'mystery' knitting done by like last night, and I coud have, but it was turning out way too big (something that I was ignoring blissfully while knitting it). I was knitting up Cosy's handspun into one of her hat patterns from Knit one, Embellish Too. I love the way this yarn is knitting up! Here are some pre-frogging pics:

100_2537

100_2538

100_2539


It's all wavy because it was sitting on a bush






So, on to the real FOs:


Binary Cable Hat:

100_2528

100_2532

This is a Christmas gift for my dad


Specs:
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted, 'Frost Gray'
Pattern: Binary Cable Hat By Firefairy (ravelry links)
Mods: I hat to knit about 18 extra rows before the decreases to get the right length.
Thoughts: Great pattern, really easy. It worked out wonderfully in the Malabrigo, the cabling looks great. It's knit at a tight enough gauge that it will be really warm and a little wind resistant.



OSU Striped Hat:


100_2544

100_2545
I look like such a dork in that picture!


100_2553
Go Bucks! We're playing our rivals this weekend and at work we hat a pot-luck tail gate party so I had to sport my OSU shirt.


This is a Christmas gift for my Step-Father.


Specs:

Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted, gray, and Lion Brand Wool-ease 'Ranch Red'


Mods: I added another row of single color, because I wanted there to be less of the red because I thought it was a little obnoxious, also the fibonacci sequence goes: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, etc. I also didn't do the twisted rib because I'm not super fond of ktbl, I have to actually pay attention when I do that. Also my gauge was bigger so I had to account for that.

Thoughts: It was a nice pattern and I think it turned out really well! I even ended up liking the red, even thought I didn't think that I would.







'Yo Gabba Gabba' Monster:

100_2507

100_2506


Now, I haven't been able to share him with you because he was for a swap! Mariesa's son, Cade, got him and she has told me that he loves his Yo Gabba Gabba (that's a show on Nicelodeon) Monster. He even went to bed with Cade! =)

Specs:
Yarns: Lion-Brand Wool-ease 'Cranberry', held with Knit One Crochet Too Douceur et Soie (mohair for the fuzzyness!) 'Pimento'
Pattern: Furry Monster by Heather Rupe
Mods: Okay, so there were many because I wasn't using the same yarns. The pattern calls for fun-fur, but I didn't have any and I wasn't going to buy any. For the arms I cast on 6 sts and worked until a little smaller than the reccomended length, and I did an extra set of increases for the hands, since the arms were originally supposed to be just the fun fur and then the acrylic is added at the hands, to make up for the fact that my gauge didn't change. For the legs I cast on 8 sts and worked to shorter than the reccomended length, and I did extra increases, but only on one side to give his feet a more foot-like shape. Also for the head of the monster I didn't draw the yarn through like reccomended, I grafted the stitches together. This unintentionaly created the point at the top of his head. Since I thought he was cute enough with just the point, I didn't bother making the antenae.

Thoughts: Cute pattern! Quick to knit up (if you have the stuffing on hand when you start!). I'd make another. =)



So onto the swap, here is what I send my Spoilee, Mariesa(ravelry)!


100_2512

100_2516




I individually wrapped everything because I thought it would be more fun to open that way. =)


Box includes:

Flavored hot chocolate, mocha, caramel, and mint I think

Hot cider mixes

Sticky notes

Magnetic paper pad

'Peaceful views' calendar (I thought it would be good for a busy mom!)

Chocolates

Ginger snaps from Trader Joe's

A Trader Joe's reusable grocery bag

A skein of Malabrigo Silky

Print off of patterns to go with the Silky

Recipies


For Cade:

Monster

Hippo toy

Various Candies



I had fun finding out what she'd like and putting together her package! Now I'm waiting for mine (I check the mail EVERY DAY! lol).

3 comments:

cosymakes said...

two hats down, and two christmas presents too! awesome.

glad you're liking the yarn :)

sweetp said...

Love the wee monster. TOys are so fun and quick arent they! Love the package you put together, your lucky recipient!

I'm stalking my mailbox too waiting on a swap...the anticipation is a killer

Emily said...

Oh you inspire me! I need to start in on the Christmas stuff ASAP! Love the binary cable hat. Love it. Love it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails